Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wet n Wild- Rain Check


My name is Raincheck
In the afternoon
My name is Raincheck
Need a shot of rhythm and blues
---"Raincheck" by Van Morrison



IMG_1316


It's raining and cold and dreary today, so I thought this would be an appropriate swatch for today. I bought this at Walgreens a couple weeks ago, halfprice, so just 49 cents. It's cheap, even without a sale, can't deny that. Given the price, and my high school experience with WNW, I was not too confident it would be nice. But, I love periwinkle, and this is kinda like that, plus frosty/metallic, which is something else I tend to enjoy.

The color is a frosty periwinkly-baby blue. In some lights it looks classic powder blue, and in others, it looks like it has a lavender base, and in some lights, it looks grey. I enjoy that effect. It is a very "cool" color, so I am relegating it to just winter and spring. Given the name, I am assuming they intended it to be a spring color.

It took 3 coats to get opaque, which is to be expected for metallics in my experience, and they dried quickly and thoroughly, so I didn't mind it at all. I even added a 4th coat for good measure, since I could tell I enjoyed the color and the finish. It lasted several days with hardly any wear, and it was hardy, with nary a scratch or scuff. Overall, it was 49 cents well-spent.

Report card:

Color= B+ (kinda boring I guess, but I like it)
Formula= A (hits all the right notes)
Brush= B- (was a little long I think, for this thin polish)
Price= A+ (really, can not complain about 49 cents, or even 99 cents at full-price)

Overall= B+

No comments:

Post a Comment