Thursday, December 9, 2010

Revlon- Raven Red


This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion's velvet lining that the lamp-light gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o'er,
She shall press, ah, nevermore!
---"The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe



IMG_1251


Weird name, kinda makes no sense, unless you are trying to gothify it I guess? But, goofy name aside, I like this red. It's classic, and thus sorta run-of-the-mill, but in my opinion, red is always sexy and classy. This is deep and brick-toned, definitely something I'll reserve for fall and winter. It's too warm, subdued, and inviting for summer, where I prefer colors to be airy, fresh, and energetic.

The formula is decent, and so is the brush. It's expensive though- for the price, I'd rather wait for a sale at Sally Beauty and pick up a better brand.

Report card:

Color= B (solidly average)
Formula= B (ditto)
Brush= B (ditto that ditto)
Price= C- (mine was $4.79 at Walgreens, and my Wal-mart doesn't have the price listed, and I'm too lazy to walk around to a price-check station to investigate)

Overall= B-

No comments:

Post a Comment