Saturday, December 18, 2010

L.A. Colors- Phenomenon


“I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.”
---Albert Einstein



IMG_1330


This was a Dollar Tree find, of course. It's a fuchsia/plum color with no shimmer. I believe it's a creme. It is not very pigmented though. What is shown is 3 coats, and as you can see, it needs another coat or two. That third coat really didn't make much of a difference at all, so I reasoned that a 4th probably wouldn't either, so I called it there.

For a buck, I guess I can't complain. Compared to Borghese "Palermo Plum," it's a decent, cheaper alternative. I prefer the little nameless L.A. Color's fuchsia I got in a 2 pack called "Paradise" so ultimately, I will probably franken with this one.

Report card:

Color= D+ (boring- everyone has a fuchsia, and most are much nicer)
Formula= D (quick-drying at least, but it's thin and not very opaque)
Brush= B- (flimsy, but mostly average)
Price= A+ (just a dollar)

Overall= C+

No comments:

Post a Comment