Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nic's Sticks- Do You Deliver


"A library, to modify the famous metaphor of Socrates, should be the delivery room for the birth of ideas - a place where history comes to life."
---Norman Cousins



IMG_1262


Aw shucks- I love this color. But...my naughty son got into it and left the lid off. So now it's impossible for me to accurately gauge its quality. Even with the dry brush I had to fiddle with to get to work, I think it eventually looked ok. It was so thick though, since I had to glob on a lot to work with the dried brush. So it took forever to dry and remained prone to scratches. I can't be certain what caused it, if it was Oscar's meddling, or if it was inherent to the polish in the beginning. Either way, I think my bottle is ruined. Sad, because it was a gift from a friend. I'm going to hold on to it longer and hope that the brush eventually softens, as that would make application much much much easier.

The color is a cranberry red creme, perfect for fall or winter.

Report card:

Color= B (average, lots of brands have a similar one)
Formula= C- (even with the messed up brush, the formula itself seems decent enough, just thick)
Brush= F (not counting how my son damaged it, I really can't say I like these applicators, especially for thick polishes like these. It's very hard to apply evenly)
Price= F (they are 7-8 bucks, and for the small amount you get, it's just not good)

Overall= D+

No comments:

Post a Comment