Sunday, December 26, 2010

Nicole by OPI- Bah Plum-Bug


"Bah! Humbug!"
---Ebenezer Scrooge is Charles Dickens', A Christmas Carol



IMG_1402


This was a color I was fairly psyched about. I felt like it might be close enough to Perplex/Paradoxal to scratch that itch. It is obviously a more blurple than grey-purple as the others are, and its shimmer is a different colorway, but I still felt hopeful it might be similar.

Application, however, was poop. It was not thick or thin, but just an odd consistency, drying in some places and remaining wet and gooey in others, for no apparent reason. It did dry eventually, and was ok, somewhat glossy, I'm thinking it's a jelly. But, it was chipping, very quickly. As shown, this is less than 24 hours. And it was that chipped basically within 12 hours I'd say. The pointer finger, it chipped really bad when I was out shopping so I just dug it all off while fidgeting.

I might try it once more, but this was very disappointing, to say the least.

Report card:

Color= A+ (it's pretty and unique, in my opinion)
Formula= D- (very ineffective and disappointing)
Brush= B (average, at least that's going for it)
Price= D- (I paid $6.99 for a 2 pack at Marshall's, but it normally runs $7.50 or so for one, which for this quality, would have been extremely disappointing)

Overall= C

No comments:

Post a Comment