Friday, December 3, 2010

Hard Candy- Fishnet


"I do recommend it for all girls, and boys, out there: put on a pair of fishnet stockings and find your inner sexiness!"
---Nia Vardalos



IMG_1213


I was in need of a classic red. I saw this in a clearance bin at Walmart, with no price. But since the most expensive one there was the Nicole by OPI, at 7.50, I thought surely it didn't exceed that. I hadn't bought or even perused the Hardy Candy polishes really at that point, they just never seem like something I like. So, I bought it, guessing it was around 2 bucks or maybe a little more, which seemed reasonable for the color I wanted, a classic red.

I should have paid attention when she rang it up (along with 2 other colors Splendid and Frenzy). It was NOT on clearance, despite being in a clearance bin, with tons of other duplicates. I paid $5 for this. Ick, such a small bottle, and such a regular color, I could have gotten a LA Color one for 1 dollar! But this was very much the red I envisioned, so I decided to roll with it.

I tried it. It's ok on my toes, but it's really thin on my fingernails and takes forever to get opaque enough, plus remaining tacky and gummy. It chipped within a few hours as well. Poo. :( It's a shame, because it really is a classic red. Oh well, I used it for my first attempt at frankening last night, so it's not totally wasted.

Report card:

Color= A+ (classic red can't be beat!)
Formula= D- (nearly failing)
Brush= D+ (long and thin, not good)
Price= D- (considering how small the bottle is, this is just about the biggest nail polish rip-off I've seen.)

Overall= C-

No comments:

Post a Comment