Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sally Hansen- Purple Diamond

Purple haze all in my brain
lately things don't seem the same
Acting funny and i don't know why
excuse me while i kiss the sky
---Jimi Hendrix (Purple Haze)



IMG_1177


I bought this with a ton of others at the dollar tree in 2 packs. This is "Purple Diamond" from the Nail Prisms line. It's a fun color, but not something I'd wear regularly. I'd wear it at glammy-fun events, and maybe on my toes during the summer. It's a violet-purple with pretty obvious silvery holo glitter. It applies well, or would, if it didn't have the single most piss poor brush I have ever in my life witnessed. It's like a pipe cleaner, it's so twisted and splayed outward. Serves me right, it was just 50 cents. It dried quickly and was fairly hardy and dried into a nice glossy finish.

Overall, it's not a color I see myself wearing frequently. But, if you love purples and holos, I guess it would be a good investment.

Report card time:

Color= C+ (it's different I guess, but not versatile, and not my style)
Formula= B+ (definitely somewhat better than average)
Brush= F (the absolute worst of all my brushes)
Price= A+ (can't beat a buck, especially for a 2 pack!)

Overall= B-

No comments:

Post a Comment