Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Finger Paints- Free Form Fawn


Asleep on the moss, his head on his polished cleft
small ebony hoves,
The child of the doe, the dappled child of the deer.
---The Fawn, Edna St. Vincent Millay



IMG_1277


I did not like this color. I thought I would. In the bottle, it looks like a conservative burgundy mauve type color, and I wanted something classic and simple. Well, ask and ye shall receive. I received the boringest, uninterestingest, blah blah blah color ever. And to boot, it made my fingers look pale, dry, and stubby. And aged. They looked like some old lady's hands. The polish was thick and made for difficult application as well, and then took a while to dry and remained very imprintable for over 24 hours, which is quickly becoming one of my biggest pet peeves.

I'll give it another whirl later maybe, it's possible I caught it on an off day or something. Maybe the planets were aligned incorrectly. But, I am not holding my breath.

Report card:

Color= C- (it is much more dull than it should be)
Formula= C- (thickity thick thick, and a slowpoke in drying)
Brush= B (average I suppose)
Price= C- (I paid 3.99 on sale at Sally Beauty, but it's normally 4.99, which I think is a rip-off when you can get nicer brands for cheaper)

Overall= C

No comments:

Post a Comment