Friday, December 24, 2010

Wet n Wild- nameless "Metallica?"


Slowly, silently, now the moon
Walks the night in her silver shoon;
This way, and that, she peers, and sees
Silver fruit upon silver trees;
---"Silver" by Walter de la Mare



IMG_1366


This is one of those nameless Wet n Wild gift set polishes I got at the start of the holiday season. I am thinking this might be Metallica? Just not sure. I do know it's a silvery metallic with a slight olive-tone to it (my son even remarked that it was green, as I was painting them). It applies fairly well, evenly, not too much in the way of visible brush strokes, and it dried quickly. It was a bit thick and slightly difficult with the brush though, and prone to scuffs, even when fully dry. I felt it was a flattering color though, especially for my skin tone, though I suspect it would work for most people.

It's a fun polish that I think it great for the winter and spring months and can be dressed up or down, depending on your style and needs. You really can't beat the price either, it was $4 for 5 polishes. Just freaking wish I knew the names!

Report card:

Color= C (silver is sort of done by everyone)
Formula= B- (it's decent)
Brush= C- (mine is a little wonky, with some slightly splayed bristles)
Price= A+ (WNW are always cheap, no more than $1.99, and this was cheaper than that)

Overall= B-

No comments:

Post a Comment