Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nicole by OPI- Spring Romance


"Hey, where did we go
Days when the rains came?
Down in the hollow
Playin' a new game
Laughin' and a-runnin', hey hey
Skippin' and a-jumpin'
In the misty mornin' fog
With our, our hearts a-thumpin'

And you, my brown eyed girl"
---Brown-Eyed Girl, Van Morrison



IMG_1359


I wanted Love Your Life from Nicole by OPI a while back after spotting it on someone else's blog. Or thought I did, I guess I should say. I spotted this similar polish, Spring Romance, in a bin at Goodwill. Now, some may scoff at second-hand polish, but beggars can't be choosers, and I like to recycle, and save money, so whatever. I don't think it was tried, it didn't look like it at the neck of the bottle, but you never know. Anyway, it was $1.99. They had a half empty, half-dried bottle of some uber-gold Love My Nails, completely retro, for the same price. I declined. I didn't think it was retro in a good way.

I think the difference between Spring Romance and Love Your Life is that LYL is more pink and silver glitter-based, were Spring Romance is more purple and multi-colored glitter-based. I haven't got a bottle of LYL to compare, but that's what it looks to me when I google around. Spring Romance has large, pinkish heart-shaped glitter mixed with oodles of regular-sized glitter in a rainbow of colors, all in a slightly lavender-tinged based.

I think the hearts are not ample enough inside the bottle, and so heavy that it makes applying them difficult. Hard to get them on the brush when they immediately start sinking to the bottom after you get done mixing it up. When you do get some hearts on the brush, its an act of Congress to get them in the proper location. By then, the runny, glitter extra polish is globbed around and drying fast as you try to do damage control before everything is completely ruined. Maybe I am just too clumsy at application, maybe I just need some practice. Personally, I really don't care enough to try again. I would love to ditch this polish. I wish I could filter out the hearts, I do like the other glitter. It's the hearts that throw everything into a tizz.

*This is over the WNW "Lust" btw, if you couldn't tell.

Report card:

Color= B+ (close, but no cigar)
Formula= C+ (dried too fast, was too runny)
Brush= C- (too flimsy and thin for the large glitter)
Price= D- (even though I got mine for $1.99, they retail for $7.50 or so at Wal-Mart. This bottle was def not worth it IMO)

Overall= C

No comments:

Post a Comment