Friday, December 10, 2010

Borghese- Stellare Notte


Starry, starry night.
Flaming flowers that brightly blaze,
Swirling clouds in violet haze,
Reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue.
Colors changing hue, morning fields of amber grain,
Weathered faces lined in pain,
Are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand.
---from the song "Vincent" by Don McLean



IMG_1229


I know this is not the best swatch. It's the best I can do with my camera. I didn't like this polish as much as I knew I would from the bottle. From the bottle, it almost looks like a dream polish for me. I love duochrome and dark, dramatic colors. The 3 Ds if you will. However, I felt it was too thick, which dulled the chromatic effect, as well as made brush strokes fairly visible. Additionally, it took FOREVER to dry. Good news is that it's pretty pigmented and I didn't need more than 2 coats. I think one can be sufficient if you are ninja-like with your application.

Lastly, because it's so thick, it was prone to scuffs and scratches, which even further dulled the finish. This needs a good glossy topcoat fer sure. But the brush was AWESOME, as all Borghese brushes are IMO. And it is indeed a unique color. I am more than willing to retry this puppy later, in case for some reason the weather made a difference. It was raining when I tried it, so I am holding out hope that the humidity affected it, and I will also try a quick-dry topcoat and hope that makes for improvement as well. I really want this color to work.

Report card (pending review):

Color= A+ (unique, I haven't really seen much similar to it)
Formula= C- (ultra thick and slow-drying, plus a dull finish)
Brush= A+ (Borghese gots the best brushes)
Price= F (I bought mine on clearance, but normal price is 8 bucks, and unless it's a unique color, spend that money on OPI or something else)

Overall= B-

No comments:

Post a Comment