Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sinful Colors- Hot Spot

Me mind on fire -- Me soul on fire -- Feeling hot hot hot
---Buster Poindexter, "Hot Hot Hot"



IMG_1362


This is a fun color. I thought I'd like it for winter, but it just really strikes me as more of a summer color, especially like for 4th of July. It's got a foil-like quality, and not just a frosty/metallic sheen. It's a classic blue with silver metallic sheen, that dries to a nearly matte finish.

It was fairly hardy and applied easily and dried quickly. It was a little prone to scuffs and I think it would benefit from a topcoat, although it would probably mess up the nice matte-quality of the finish.

Report card:

Color= C+ (it's kinda generic I guess, but fun)
Formula= C+ (the scuffs sorta detract from the overall experience)
Brush= B+ (slightly better than average)
Price= A- (just $1.99)

Overall= B-

No comments:

Post a Comment