Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sally Hansen- Real Royal


If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you'll be going, 'you know, we're alright. We are dang near royalty.'
---Jeff Foxworthy



IMG_1339


Real Royal looks much rustier or brownish in the bottle, or mine does. It's a near-black base, with olive-tones showing with one coat, with bronze or copper shimmer. With only 2 coats, it takes on full opacity, and looks black, with the glitter being less noticeable, like flecks floating in water. I believe this is a jelly, for that reason.

It's an interesting color, one that I think is appropriate for fall and winter, and looks like a special-occasion type polish mostly to me, it's just so dramatic. I can see it working in casual situations as well though, but personally, I think it will be a dress-up lacquer.

The finish is glossy and shiny, looking like liquid sitting on your nail. It was ok, as far as dry-time and application went, but did not seem to last as long as I'd like. The brush was also fairly long, which did not help with the application. Price is decent, it is 3 bucks or so at Walgreens, and I paid $2.17 for it, it's on clearance currently at mine.

Report card:

Color= A- (it's interesting, it's fairly unique, but I do wish the shimmer were more noticeable)
Formula= B (I'm gonna call this decidedly average)
Brush= C+ (it was definitely too long and soft, especially paired with thin, runny lacquer)
Price= B- (pretty ok in the price range I'd say, only $3)

Overall= B-

No comments:

Post a Comment