Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Finger Paints- Art You Blue?


Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue. Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we're stupid.
---Jules Feiffer



IMG_1320


I liked this color quite a bit on my toes. I liked it less on my fingers, but I still like it. It's a dark grey-blue, with a metallic sheen. For some reason, it looks a smidge greyer on my toes, which I like a little better. The formula is pretty good. The application and dry time are both maybe a smidge less than average, but the hardiness is pretty good. Unfortunately, after just a day, it was chipping fairly badly and they were big chunks coming off at once, not just a slow erosion. It's also fairly expensive, though I bought it during a sale at Sally Beauty. I paid 3.99 when it's normally a dollar more.

Even considering the negatives, I will definitely wear this color again- I like it well enough to.

Report card:

Color= A- (I like it a lot, even though I'd like it more if it were greyer)
Formula= B (it has some plusses and minuses, but ultimately I consider it average)
Brush= B- (pretty average, but maybe a tee tiny bit too long or narrow)
Price= C- (even tho I got mine on sale, I'm basing this on the usual price of 4.99)

Overall= B-

No comments:

Post a Comment