Wednesday, November 10, 2010

OPI- Chicago Champagne Toast

"A cause may be inconvenient, but it's magnificent. It's like champagne or high heels, and one must be prepared to suffer for it."
---Arnold Bennett


---
IMG_1050


This is a polish I've had forever. I may need to chunk it. It was amazingly thick and globby. I don't recall it being that bad when I applied it in the past, so maybe it's just bad. I love the color though, a rosy frosty delight. I'm unhappy with the formula, but again, it may just be because it's an old bottle. It was thick and unwieldy, and only because of the nice brush did I even get it halfway properly applied. It took a while to dry as well, and this was just two coats. Hours later it was still VERY tacky to the point where it was impossible for me to cook dinner without destroying it. Alas, this only lasted for a few hours. I thought I had painted it in time for it to be dried before I had to begin dinner, but it just refused to dry. I'm sad, it kinda used to be a standby for me. I think the color is great for year-round but especially for the fall and winter or fancy occasions. I guess it's ok though, I have a similar frosty rosy pink color by Borghese, La Strada Rose, which I REALLY liked. I'll swatch that soon. Whenever my nails get a smidge longer. They are still fairly stubby.

Report card is as follows:
Color= B+ (it's a generic sort of color, but I like OPIs knack for delicate shimmer)
Formula= D (I'm holding out hope that it's just an old bottle, and if I can come across it again, I would be up for revisting this grade. I normally love OPI)
Brush=A- (better than average for sure, but not the best)
Price= D- (OPI is $$$, at least in my neck o' the woods)

Overall= C

No comments:

Post a Comment