Monday, November 29, 2010

Arissa- Rockin Amethyst


Rock is so much fun. That's what it's all about - filling up the chest cavities and empty kneecaps and elbows.
---Jimi Hendrix



IMG_1170


Fun color! This is a dark, true purple and is laden with rich purple glitter. It's not quite holo in effect in my opinion, but it's close and very glam. I feel like I oughta go to an Alice Cooper concert with this polish. It is indeed a "rockin" polish.

I think it applied easily and dried fairly well, and the rubberized handle made application even easier. I didn't wear it long, out of boredom, but it "felt" like it was hardy, if a bit heavy on my nails. This is 3 coats, so it took some time to make it truly opaque. I think it is likely a jelly, but for a jelly, it isn't too sheer. It would probably be pretty layered over a bright red I think? Also, I think this is mostly a polish for winter wear or for special events (Alice Cooper here I come!). It's just pretty "cold" looking on my hands.

I bought this for just 2 bucks at Family Dollar, so that's pretty awesome as well.

Report Card:

Color= B- (not the most unique, but it's fun)
Formula= B (pretty spot on average)
Brush= A- (better than average for sure)
Price= B+ (2 dollars, w00t!)

Overall= B

No comments:

Post a Comment