Friday, November 26, 2010

Nicole by OPI- It's Possible


It's possible for a plain yellow pumpkin to become a golden carriage. It's possible for a plain country bumpkin and a prince to join in marriage.
---song from Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella



IMG_1157


I immediately thought of this movie when I saw the name of this polish. I watched that movie with my mom as a kid and it is a very cherished memory. Aside from that, this color did not live up to my expectations. I looooove metallic, shiny polishes and especially purple-tinged ones. And since I like the quality of Nicole by OPI, I was very surprised by the streakiness of this one. The color is great. It just streaks sooo bad. And it's kinda thick.

I like it on my toes though, I just don't think I'll be putting it on my fingers. It would be a fun color for year round but I see it more a winter and perhaps early spring.

Report card:
Color= B (fun, but a little generic. Just about everyone makes a metallic lavender)
Formula= C- (applies fairly easily, but it thick and streaky)
Brush= A- (I like NOPI brushes)
Price= D- (this was a gift for me, but they are 7.50 normally, and otherwise too expensive for me to buy frequently)

Overall= C

No comments:

Post a Comment