Friday, November 5, 2010

I think I just realized a reason I like nail polish so much...

Synesthesia. Just about everything has a "personality" or "aura" to me, especially colors.

So when I wear certain colors on my nails, or toes, I feel like a bit of those auras or related personality traits are in a sense imbued in me. Furthermore, I have noticed that I tend to put the colors I connect with more personal or private emotions on my toes, where they are "hidden." If I put it on my hands, I am proud to show off those emotions to everyone.

I think I'm going to keep a list of my polishes and the associated synesthetic connections. So, I'm going to tag this "synesthesia" and then use this blog post as a running tally of sorts.

---
China Glaze (Classic Camel)- Regal, intelligent, capable, fancy, confident. Think Lady Di.

Finger Paints (Putty In My Hands)- Classic, scholarly, kind, bookworm, intelligent, demure. Natalie Portman.

L.A. Colors (Topaz)- Confident, optimistic, dramatic, fancy, regal. Dame Judy Dench.

Nina Ultra (Never Glum Plum)- calm, yet dramatic, stoic, intelligent, emotional, seductive. Makes me think of Shannyn Sossamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment