Monday, November 15, 2010

Jazz - 18K Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
---Robert Frost "Nothing Gold Can Stay"


IMG_1091


I found this at Fred's for $2. I had been looking around for months, years even, for a color similar to one I had gotten with a pedicure like, 2 years ago. I only know that it was OPI. I thought it was something like Harvest or Cornicopia, but my internet-delving has proven fruitless. It was a truly vibrant golden color with shimmer, not glitter, and it had a slightly greenish base, maybe chromatic, I can't remember. But this looked fairly similar, and for 2 bucks, I wanted to give it a go.

I REALLY like this polish. The formula was nice, the brush is ok, and the color is pretty neat. It doesn't quite fit what I was aiming for however, it's a bit too vibrant for the color I was trying to get. Plus, I think if I was going to wear a gold-toned polish, I'd certainly reach for China Glaze Classic Camel first. But, it's nice enough, especially for just 2 dollars.

Report card time!
Color= B- (too much on the greenish end of the spectrum)
Formula= B (exactly average, although it gets very tacky/gummy with more than 2 coats)
Brush= B (once again, average)
Price= A- (just $2! and they had a nice selection, but mostly traditional colors)

Overall= B

No comments:

Post a Comment