Saturday, January 1, 2011

Barielle- Jess's Champagne Toast- New Year's Mani!

"Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?"
---Auld Lang Syne



IMG_1645


This was my New Year's Mani. I found this polish at Ulta, my first ever trip there. It was on clearance, just 99 cents I believe, maybe 1.99? I'm a sucker for blue, metallic, and rose gold, so this was sort of a must-have once I laid eyes on it.

I forgot how badly I tend to dislike glitters. They are often thick, clumpy, and gritty. And a total pain in the a$$ to remove. Even with the touted FOIL method, it just wreaks havoc on my nails. But, I think this combo is very pretty. I would love a smoother version where the glitter could float or suspend rather than sink into the polish.

I think it dried fairly quickly and was fairly smooth, to the touch at least, though I feel like it looks much grittier than it feels. It was nice and hardy, lasted well, but it did chip in just a day, so now I had to change it. I'll probably try it again and try to apply it more smoothly and see what I think then. As it stands, I was slightly disappointed.

Overall, I think I might relegate this to holiday-only. I don't think it's very versatile.

Report card:

Color= A+ (very imaginative, I love it)
Formula= C+ (thick, smudgey, gritty, but remember, I just plain' ol don't like glitters usually)
Brush= B+ (pretty good, slightly better than average)
Price= D+ ($6...meh. I paid 2.99 for mine though on clearance at Ulta, my very first trip in!)

Overall= B-

No comments:

Post a Comment