Tuesday, February 8, 2011


A note as from a single place,
A slender tinkling fall that made
Now drops that floated on the pool
Like pearls, and now a silver blade.
---Robert Frost "Going For Water"



IMG_1712


This was just a dollar at Dollar General. I had high-hopes, since I have had decent luck with L.A. Colors. Unfortunately, this one sort of bombed. Shown is 5 coats and as you can see, there is still VNL. It was pretty aggravating. Also, it just wasn't as lustrous and I wanted it to be, it just looks milky. And it's too brush-strokey for layering, so this lacquer is just sort of useless to me. I have since frankened with mine and it doesn't even seem useful for that either.

Report card:

Color= C- (bleh- too frosty, too milky)
Formula= D- (wayyyyy too thin and sheer)
Brush= B (actually ok here)
Price= A+ (just a dollar, so if it sucks, you haven't wasted much)

Overall= C+

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd ever waste time applying 5 friggin' coats of nailpolish! OMG! FIVE coats. I usually apply one thick coat or two. On my last mani, a Claire's had to apply 3 though.
    I just did mine. Loove Seche Vite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I figured at the third coat I was invested and might as well swatch it all the way at 5, just to show how worthless it actually is haha.

    ReplyDelete