Thursday, February 10, 2011

Essie- Demure Vixen


Among the taller wood with ivy hung,
The old fox plays and dances round her young.
---"The Vixen" by John Clare



IMG_1724



IMG_1723


Shown is about three days of wear, so w00t! I had a big lust for this color after seeing it on another blog, and I found it by happenstance on clearance at Ulta last month. I wasn't quite like I thought, it was much sheerer, but I have now come to understand why everyone says that about Essie. It's true! They are so sheer usually! This is about 4 coats I think, maybe even 5 on my thumb and middle finger.

I don't care though, it was gorgeous, and lasted forever, so when my mini one runs out, I will be buying another. It's just such a lovely, unique color and I can see it working for multiple occasions/scenarios.

Report card:

Color= A (love it, so perdy, but would get top marks if it was more saturated)
Formula= A (ditto, only prob is it's too sheer)
Brush= B (well, it's a mini, but even so, it's not a bad brush)
Price= D- (they seem to be 7ish bucks regular price, and that's expensive if you end up not liking it)

Overall= B-

2 comments:

  1. It's a really classy, work-appropriate colour, though I refuse to use more than 3 coats. I even complain whenever I need to add on a third!!
    I'm usually not that lucky in keeping a manicure decent looking for more than 3 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I generally hate more than 3 coats, but this one was just pretty enough that I overlooked it. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete